Monday, January 10, 2011

More Starkville, MS Snow Pictures...

We only got about 3" here in Starkville, MS yesterday, as heavy sleet mixed in for several hours before the switch to all snow... Travel maybe 25-50 miles north, and you saw much higher snow totals, as it stayed all snow! The highest total I saw from yesterday's Deep South snow storm was near 11", so obviously the the potential was there... Refining your forecast by 25-50 miles is really tough, especially when maybe a half degree aloft was the difference between 3" and 6" of snow... I'm still very happy with the snow we did get, and I really hope we don't have to wait another 11 years for a decent snow in Starkville! Personally, I would love to someday see us top that 8" mark we saw in January of 2000... I'm sure it will happen, I just hope it's someday fairly soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment