Thursday, February 24, 2011

10 Year Anniversary!


Today is the 10 year anniversary of my first storm chase! It was the night of the Pontotoc, MS F3 tornado, but we only saw a transformer blow up that night... While fairly uneventful, I was hooked! I always wanted to storm chase since I was a little boy, and have several memories of taking the family camera around the neighborhood "chasing" the big weather events that hit my house. I've come a long way since those days, as I have been in 12 hurricanes (5 major), seen lots of tornado (some a half mile wide), and have experienced some of the biggest Nor' Easters in Washington D.C. history! Not bad in 10 years! This is my passion in life, and I'm very blessed to get to chase as much as I do. So here's to another fun/exciting 10 years of chasing! I'll leave you with 10 goals (Have more...) I would like to accomplish over the next 10 years...


1) Get into the eye of a category-5 hurricane
2) Chase a major hurricane in the Caribbean
3) Get into a major hurricane in the Florida Keys
4) Chase a typhoon in the Pacific/cyclone in Australia
5) Get into at least 25 hurricanes (10 major)
6) Get into a 6' plus lake effect snow event
7) See the northern lights
8) See an anticyclonic tornado
9) Record a lightning strike during a blizzard (I have experience thundersnow 3 times, but I would like to see the actual lightning strike!)
10) Go to the main island of Hawaii to see the volcano


*Also, I would like to personally thank all of you for your support/encouragement over the last 10 years! I really do appreciate it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment