Saturday, April 30, 2011

Some quick thoughts on 4/27/11


I love weather. I love storm chasing. I don't love the destruction/horror! Experiencing events like Hurricane Katrina in Gulfport, MS really shows you the true power and horror of mother nature! The images I saw in Gulfport/Bay St. Louis, MS were beyond bad, and something I'll probably never get out of my mind completely. I understand what the people of the South are going through, and I know it is going to be a long road to recovery. However, I have no doubt that the people of the South will come back stronger than ever!

Living in Starkville, MS for basically 10 years now, I have seen first hand how strong/tough these great people are. Again, just look at Katrina as an example of their amazing resiliency! It is something I have come to admire greatly! Of course this is going to be tough, as I have several friends that either lost their homes, or lost people they love. I ask everyone to help in any way they can. Any help will go a long ways! My prayers are still with everyone affected by this historic tornado outbreak!

No comments:

Post a Comment