Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hurricane Rina Update




I really think the dry air is beginning to take its toll on Hurricane Rina. The overall convection has shrunk, and I really believe once it starts interacting with land tomorrow (also increased wind shear), the dry air will begin to entrain. Honestly, in my eyes, it is a miracle it hasn't entrained yet. I still expect a track similar to Wilma, as I do think South Florida will experience minimal hurricane (absolute max)/tropical storm (far more likely) conditions this weekend. I'll be the first to say I never saw Rina getting to 110mph (still "may" be able to get a little stronger - major hurricane?), but I think the clock is ticking on the dry air. I feel like I'm watching the Matrix...

"You hear that Mr. Anderson?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death... Goodbye, Mr. Anderson..."

Now I don't think Hurricane Rina will completely die (even though it's very possible) because of the dry air/increased wind shear, but it's going to weaken it substantially without a doubt. We are most likely at/close to the max intensity for Rina. More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment