Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Amazing Forecast!


Tonight I really don't have a lot of time to talk about the upcoming possible severe weather in the Arkansas/Mississippi Deltas on Friday/Saturday... I have SO MUCH grading to get done tonight, so I can actually go chase this possible two day event... First, it's NOTHING like last Saturday's event, but there is still a lot of potential... Friday looks to be a decent severe weather event (including tornadoes) in the Arkansas Delta, and Saturday depends on where the surface low develops... It's very possible that the Arkansas and Mississippi Deltas will be the place to be both days... It's still hard to pinpoint details though and I'll have a much more thorough analysis tomorrow... The models are all over the place with the development of the surface low Saturday, even though the trend is north... That would be GOOD NEWS for Mississippi if that trends continues...

Before I leave I want to show an image I got from Joe Pennington... He overlaid the SPC day 1 outlook for 4/24/10 with the final storm reports... Honestly, it's absolutely AMAZING how well the SPC nailed this event! Again, both the SPC and the NWS should be commended on such great forecasting... There is no doubt in my mind that they saved many lives last Saturday!


Image courtesy of Joe Pennington, Mississippi State University...

No comments:

Post a Comment