Thursday, April 22, 2010

Possible Severe Weather Outbreak!


Things are starting to line up for a possible severe weather outbreak! I'm not going to lie, things look pretty bad for strong straight line winds, large hail, and potentially long lived strong tornadoes across the Deep South... At this point I'm still going to stay calm and relaxed! Too many times I've been burned getting into specifics 24-48 hours out... So much can still change (development of a MCS, stratus development, track/development of the low, timing of the low, etc, etc, etc...) so again I'll wait until tomorrow before I get into specifics! I will say this is the best setup I've seen for the Deep South (just shifted more south) since the Super Tuesday Outbreak on February 5th, 2008... That's saying a lot as it is, and everyone should keep an eye on this potentially dangerous situation! My good friend Michael Carter wrote a great blog post earlier today on the possible outbreak... I highly recommend everyone checking it out! Mike did a great job touching on the setup and the influences from teleconnections, synoptic scale factors, and mesoscale factors without the unnecessary hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment