Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Blog...

I decided that I'm going to retire my old blog and start a new one... It will almost entirely be focused on forecasting, storm chasing, historical weather, and just interesting things/facts about the weather in general... If you know me you understand that I'm all about hurricanes... I do love all weather, but hurricanes are by far my favorite to study and chase! I'll always try to keep at least a 51% ratio towards hurricanes... Of course I'll still talk about all types of weather and I'll also have many storm chase recaps from the Great Plains... Again though, my #1 passion is hurricanes so if you love tropical weather then I think you will really enjoy this blog... For more info about me check out the "view my profile" section...

I'll be leaving for the Great Plains hopefully in about a week if everything goes as planned... I'm planning on spending a lot of time out there so hopefully I'll have plenty of opportunities to get on beautiful supercells and tornadoes... Of course I'll upload storm chase videos to my youtube account and this blog as well, so you can follow along as me and a few great friends travel across the plains... Right now as I speak I'm looking into buying my first HD camcorder! I think I found the one I want, a Canon Vixia HF S10... As my good friend Michael Carter suggested, I'll probably sleep on it, but I'm about 99% sure I'm going to buy this camera tomorrow... If you have any thoughts or ideas about this camera please let me know... It's in the price range I'm looking for and the reviews are excellent... It will be great to finally be able to shoot HD video while I storm chase major hurricanes, big tornadoes, and massive Nor'easters!

Canon Vixia HF S10

Here is a list of some of my more memorable chases for those that don't know me...

Storm Chases/Experiences:

Hurricanes:
Lili (Abbeville, LA), Isabel (Oriental, NC), Charley (Near Charlotte Harbor, FL), Frances (Fort Pierce, FL), Ivan (Spanish Fort, AL), Cindy (Pass Christian, MS), Dennis (Pensacola, FL), Katrina (Gulfport, MS), Rita (Orange, TX), Gustav (Near Lafayette, LA), and Ike (Galveston Island, TX)

Nor'easters:
1993 Superstorm (Arlington, VA), Blizzard of 1996 (Alexandria, VA), Presidents Day Storm II 2003 (Alexandria, VA), 2010 DC Snowpocalypse (Fairfax County, VA), 2010 DC Blizzard (Fairfax County, VA)

Severe Weather:
I also have well over a hundred severe storm chasing days under my belt as I've been lucky enough to capture many tornadoes including a couple around/over a 1/2 mile wide... Some of the more famous tornadoes include:

(Attica, KS) - 5/12/04

(Anthony, KS) - 5/12/04

(Albany, MO) - 5/24/04
(Argonia, KS) - 5/29/04
(Conway Springs, KS) - 5/29/04

No comments:

Post a Comment