Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter Break...


I think I have decided that I'm going to go after nor' easters/lake effect snow this winter break... I'll be in/near Washington D.C., so I should be in a good location to get both... Of course if there are any coastal storms (Nor' Easters) I won't be too far away from the action, even if I have to drive to Cape Cod, MA (Always wanted to do that anyways)... Also, if there are any big lake effect events, I'll drive up to upstate New York for that as well... I have never been in a big lake effect event, so that is something I would love to experience... I have been in a couple passing lake effect bands that made it to Washington D.C. in mid 90's (once on Christmas day 94'), but I have never experienced the real deal... I've been in my fair share of historic nor' easters in Washington D.C. (93, 96, 02, 10), but even those can't compare to a big lake effect event.... 50 + inch events with 5 + inch snowfall rates at times, and near perfect 30 to 1 snowfall ratios...

Hurricanes will always be my #1, but honestly historic nor' easters/lake effect would probably be my #2 ahead of tornadoes... It's close, but the Superstorm of 1993 really took my love for weather to the next level, so it does make sense... I did want to go to Miami to see my brother and many friends, but I'll most likely get down there during spring break... Like I said, I have never been in a "real" lake effect event, so I really want to experience this while I can... Oswego County, NY sounds great in late December! lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment