Monday, August 8, 2011

Quick Update...


The tropics are quiet, but don't expect that to last long. By around August 20th or so I expect the real fireworks to start. If I had more time I would explain in detail, but the trough slowly retrograding back west, and looking at the MJO, I think the US better watch out. I had 14 named storms, but again, what's most important by far, is the fact I expect a high impact season. Don't see any reason at all to change that. Still believe Florida/Carolinas are the main areas to watch this season. Of course you shouldn't let your guard down from Texas to Maine, but I have a feeling the majority of the action will be focused in Florida/Carolinas. We'll see?

I'll try to blog some this week, but I'll be at the BMP/OMP workshop here at Mississippi State University. Online students will be coming in from all across the US/World, and I look forward to meeting them face to face for the first time. I always enjoy that. Again, I'll update when I can, but I don't really think there is going to be much to talk about this week as far as direct US threats...

No comments:

Post a Comment