Saturday, August 21, 2010

TD #6...




TD #6 has formed! My thinking has not changed since my blog post Thursday night! I think TD #6 will develop into Danielle and eventually head out to sea! I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danielle becomes a major hurricane at some point, but the faster it develops, the more right it will turn! That exact turn right is still up for debate, but I'm 99.99% sure TD #6 is heading out to sea!

If you have time, quickly take a look at the next easterly wave coming off Africa! It's VERY EARLY to say a whole lot, but I think this wave has a decent shot at becoming a long track hurricane "capable" of affecting the US... Key word is capable, as it's WAY TOO FAR OUT to say much! I will say I did look at the western Pacific, and there is a strong trough to the east of Japan! This would say the second wave is a "fish storm" as well, "if" this teleconnection works out perfectly... In my opinion the slower this wave develops, the better shot it has at affecting the US, as it will give more time for the ridge to build back in! So basically it's a race, but you would think at the very least this second wave will move more west than TD #6? I'm going to give it a day or two before I realistically think about a long range track forecast for this second wave!




No comments:

Post a Comment