Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hurricane Paula...





Hurricane Paula has been strengthening all day across the NW Caribbean! Currently, Hurricane Paula has maximum sustained winds of 100mph, which is most likely close to the peak intensity we'll see with Paula... I commented about this earlier today on facebook, but I sure do wish I was in Cozumel/Cancun so I could attempt to intercept Paula! Now I wish I was on the western tip of Cuba! lol... Hurricane Paula looks to strike the western tip of Cuba late Wednesday/early Thursday as a Category-1 hurricane... From there, Paula's future gets tricky! It looks to spend enough time over Cuba that it will fall apart... Also, shear will be increasing steadily! Even if Paula does survive in the long run, "eventually" a trough will swing in and pick up what's left of Paula... After Paula, the Caribbean is still fairly primed for another development or two, so all eyes should still watch this region over the next couple of weeks... That seems to be the last region in the Atlantic basin where development could occur! Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment