Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Storm Chasers"


Watched "Storm Chasers" tonight on the discovery channel, and I have a few comments:

"Coming down here to Mississippi, there is no other storm chasers out here..."


I have to say without a doubt that I have chased in Mississippi more than 99% of the people out there... Not saying that in an arrogant way at all, but myself and LDCT has be chasing hardcore though the Deep South since 2001... Was chasing on April 24th, and came very close to the Yazoo, MS tornado... Couldn't see a thing though! Completely rain wrapped... Also, there were several chasers from Mississippi State out there that day!


"We're not in the Plains anymore"


Welcome to the Deep South! Land of pine trees, small roads, and HP long track beasts at night! Not for the weak! Been doing it since February 24th, 2001...


Here is a link to some video I shot during the Yazoo, MS EF-4 1.75 mile wide monster wedge (On the ground for 149 miles)... There is a link off the video to my chase account that day! By the way, the forecasts/warnings that day were EXCELLENT! Everyone involved with that should be commended, as I have no doubt they saved many lives!




Yazoo, MS Video (April 24th, 2010)




No comments:

Post a Comment