Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another High Plains Tornado Outbreak!




Sorry this is going to be a quick post, but I can't even think straight after that game! Los Angeles Lakers World Champs for the 16th time! SO HAPPY!!! :-)

There was a significant severe weather outbreak today across North Dakota, Minnesota, and extreme northern Iowa... I have been reading about several reports of large wedge tornadoes! Apparently TVN (Reed Timmer) had yet again another HUGE day out there... They have been tearing it up this year! Overall, there were 61 tornado reports (SPC), even though I'm sure several were counted multiple times... Unfortunately, people were killed/hurt which always sucks! My prayers go out to those people affected by today's outbreak... This was a very rare outbreak for Minnesota! I don't know if I have ever seen that many tornado reports in Minnesota before? Of course I'm sure it has happened before, but I can't remember a day like it... Another crazy High Plains tornado outbreak! Check out TVN's video below...




Also really quick, 92L is hanging in there even with the wind shear associate with an upper trough (TUTT)... There has been a huge flair up of convection over the last few hours... It honestly doesn't look bad, but I do think the combination of wind shear/interaction with the islands "should" kill 92L over the next few days... I will say the 12z GFS and 18z Canadian were showing 92L holding on and making it into the Gulf of Mexico... The 0z HRWF/GFDL show 92L holding on as well, but moving more towards Florida/SE coast... I personally don't think either is likely in terms of a named storm (Alex), but it's without a doubt something to watch! There is some model support... "If" it does develop, I think the Gulf idea is much more reasonable...





No comments:

Post a Comment