Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Featured on Accuweather...


This is going to be a quick post, but I was featured on a story by Accuweather! It's on social media's influence on story chasing... It turned out well, and I really hope everyone enjoys it! I'll leave a link below!

As far as the tropics, I still don't see the northern Gulf coast landfall... I'm on the road in California, so I can't go into a lot of detail, but all my experience says NO on a tropical cyclone hitting eastern LA/MS/AL... That ridge is going to hold strong! The models, especially the GFS, have serious problems with heat/heat transfer... The GFS consistently underestimates the strength of the ridge! I actually think it is far more likely for what could be "Alex" to head towards south/central Texas... I wouldn't be shocked if it hit the Yucatan Peninsula, and headed towards northern Mexico/Southern Texas...

Until 93L forms into Alex("If" it forms), the models have no clue... So I'm going to go with what my experience says, not what some model that doesn't have any clue right now says... Again, it hasn't even formed yet, so be careful about the hype/fear... I understand why people are extremely worried because of the oil spill, but let's give it a few days before everyone panics! In my opinion, I just don't see what "could" become Alex hitting any further east than Galveston, TX... And even that is further north and east than I would personally forecast... Of course this is just my opinion and I could be dead wrong! However, at least let 93L form into Alex before we start putting a lot of faith in the models... I just personally see the ridge holding strong! Time will tell...



No comments:

Post a Comment