Monday, July 26, 2010

Not about the Numbers!


1992 Season... Only one storm makes a BAD YEAR!!!


This is going to be a short post tonight, but I briefly wanted to hit on my blog post from yesterday... The main point was to show you that a top - 5 year is still very obtainable by the numbers... The statistics say it can happen, and I think a total of 18 named storms is still very possible... So while I'm not going to back down on my possible top - 3 year prediction (17-20 storms), I want everyone to understand that the overall numbers really doesn't matter! A year like 1992 proves that! All it took was one storm (Hurricane Andrew) to make it a bad year, even though there was only 7 storms (1 subtropical) overall! I've said this before and I'll say it again, IMPACT IMPACT IMPACT!!! That's what matters most! On June 2nd I wrote in my blog that I expected 5 US landfalling hurricanes, with at least 2 of those being major hurricanes at landfall... In my eyes, this is the by far the most important 2010 Atlantic hurricane season forecast I put out! While I hope I'm wrong, the impact will judge the severity of the 2010 season, not the overall numbers! For my blog post on my Forecasted 2010 Atlantic Hurricane Season Impact, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment