Friday, May 14, 2010

Back in Starkville....


We made it back tonight after a very successful storm chase! We saw two large wedge shaped tornadoes, a beautiful LP supercell, a tiny bit of hail, and two cool outflow dominate supercells which both had a nice whale's mouth! We drove 3,625 miles across 6 states in just over a week... Today ended with a nice breakfast/lunch at Cracker Barrel, Rendezvous in Memphis for dinner, and Krispy Kreme for desert! What a way to end the trip! And by the way, Rendezvous IMO has the best ribs on the face of the earth!

The pattern doesn't look so good over the next 10 days +, but I do think things will change big time in late May/early June! Things should explode then, and I'm planning on heading back out again when things do pick up! I'm going to post a lot of chase recaps this week and re-edit my Cromwell, OK double wedge video... Also, I'm going to add the beautiful LP supercell video I shot Tuesday a little south of Woodward, OK... This summer I'm going to re-edit all of my storm chase videos and add others I haven't gone through in years! It will be one of my many summer projects I have planned...

*Special thanks to Tim Wallace and Michael Carter for a great chase! Also, a big thank you to Justyn Jackson for being nice enough to let us stay at his place in Amarillo!

No comments:

Post a Comment