Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick thought on storm chasing...


I get asked all the time why I love to storm chase... Besides being an amazing learning experience each and every time I go out, it really comes down to one thing for me personally! Basically, I feel more at peace storm chasing than anything else I do in life! Everyone has a purpose in life, and without a doubt I know storm chasing is mine! This is especially true during a hurricane... If you are ever lucky enough to experience the eye of a major hurricane like Charley, I promise you will understand... Honestly, words really can't do it justice... The feeling is indescribable! I love being in a hurricane, but at the same time I hope people realize that I don't root for these destructive beasts! I've seen what they can do and trust me I never want to see things like I did in Hurricane Katrina ever again! So there is this constant struggle between wanting to experience the pure beauty and wrath of nature and not wanting to see the human impact... I've come to realize that if your heart is in it for the right reasons, than you can be an asset to the people affected by these natural disasters... Again, if you help just one person, you are doing a good job in my eyes...

With me leaving for the Great Plains tomorrow, I just wanted to point this out to anyone that doesn't really know me... I hope I see tornadoes, but I hope these tornadoes are in fields away from people and buildings... Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but again as long as your heart is in it for the right reasons, then I like to think everything works out the way it is supposed too... I really believe everything happens for a reason in life, and I also believe in karma! For anyone that is heading to the Great Plains to storm chase, I wish you only the best of luck! Stay safe and enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment