Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick Post...


This is going to be a quick post! I've been swamped with work today trying to get everything ready for tomorrow... For those of you that don't know, I teach Intro to Meteorology and Applied Climatology during the summer through distance learning, so I had to get everything ready to go... I really enjoy teaching, but sometimes all the behind the scene stuff can be a pain! Looking forward to a great semester though!

I'm continuing to target Saturday/Sunday as two possible big chase days! Still pretty worried about the CAP! We'll see as we get a little closer... Wednesday is starting to get hyped, but personally I'm not liking it as much as some... It does have potential, but there are too many negative factors right now for me to head out just yet! I'm worried about clouds/early convection, and I also don't like the way the 850mb winds are orientated from the south... I would much rather see this more SW to optimize your low level shear and tornado potential... Again, we'll see what happens, but I'm not on the hype bandwagon yet...

Before I leave, here is a link to my good friend/chase parter Michael Carter's blog... He wrote a good recap on the first part of our Great Plains chase... The second half will be released tomorrow... I'll have recaps from the Cromwell, OK double wedge storm chase and the Sharon, OK low precipitation supercell chase by the end of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment