Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cowboys Stadium...





I'll have a detailed chasing update tonight for Monday's probable huge day! Actually massive may be the better word to describe Monday, but I'm still trying to stay calm and not hype things! I'm still a little worried about the morning convection/CAP but that seems to be less and less of a problem with each model run... Now onto yesterdays fun day!



I have been a die hard Oakland Raiders fan since the 1986/1987 season... NFL football is king in my eyes and it always will be, period end of story! I love all my college football friends but nothing can compare to the level of football the NFL produces in my eyes! So as a HUGE fan of the NFL it was such an AWESOME experience to visit Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX...



We left the Hyatt Hotel in Dallas around noon and made our way towards Arlington... Before going into the stadium we stopped and ate lunch at a place called Saltgrass Steak House! Very good food and also excellent service... When we got the check we noticed that our servers name was Tony Montana... We all thought that was pretty darn funny!



The restaurant was very close to Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags, and the Texas Rangers baseball stadium... That seems like the place to be in Dallas IMO.. I would love someday to go back to both Six Flags and Texas Rangers stadium... It's hard to go wrong with baseball games and roller-coasters! As we pulled up to Cowboys Stadium I was in complete awe! I have never seen anything like in my life... It made the huge SEC stadiums you see in the Deep South look fairly average and obsolete! And that's saying a lot, because some of those SEC stadiums are huge and very nice! It really looked like a huge space ship as we started to get closer...



We parked on the wrong side of the stadium, so we drove around to the other side to get inside through the pro shop... We would of walked, but I'm sure that would have been a mile walk, so we decided to drive... haha... Outside the stadium was a statue of Tom Landry... We stopped and took a few pictures before walking in Cowboys Stadium... My jaw almost hit the ground when I walked into this place! Words honestly can't do it justice! I have never seen anything like it in my life! There may be a couple bigger soccer stadium across the globe, but I SERIOUSLY doubt there is any facility across the globe that can touch this place... The HD TV screen was so huge that it made the dogzillatron at MSU (largest HD video board in the SEC) look extremely tiny! Plus it is double sided with two extra massive (very small in comparison) HD screens on the north/south end-zones which is still as big as the dogzillatron! You could fit at least 4 or 5 of the "smaller" HD screens in the each main one, which again are double sided... UNBELIEVABLE!!!




After wiping the drool off my face we made our made to the field... It was in amazing shape and we took our time walking around and taking lots of pictures... It was cool to stand in the star and take several shot with different poses... Tim and I even did the TO pose... Where is George Teague when you need him? We also got to throw around a couple footballs and score a few TD's... After enjoying that for almost an hour we made our way to the locker room... It was really cool to take some pictures where the players get ready to play every Sunday... We also got to go into the cheerleaders locker room... They had life size photos above each locker and all I can say about that is WOW! These are some of the most beautiful girls on the face of the earth!!! My personal favorite was Cassie! haha...





We would have stayed longer but we wanted to get to Amarillo at a decent time so we left around 3:30pm... It was $17.50 to take a self guided tour, and without a doubt it was worth every penny! Best $17.50 I have spent in a long time! I ended up getting a Dallas Cowboys hat at the pro shop and Tim got two cool shirts as well... It was such a great experience and I'm not even a Dallas Cowboys fan! If I was this impressed, just imagine what Tim was thinking... I recommend a stop at Cowboys Stadium to every football fan on earth... Whether you prefer NFL or college, this is the biggest, baddest, most state for the art stadium I have ever seen, and everyone should go at least once!





No comments:

Post a Comment